Re: Should we drop XP?

On ons, 2015-04-01 at 14:24 +0200, Emmanuel Briot wrote:
Just for reference, we've already had this discussion various times:

 https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2014-December/msg00055.html
 https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2013-October/msg00145.html

Thanks for the pointers by the way.

I understand now that in both threads, the proposal is to drop XP support for glib.
Does this have any impact on gtk+ itself (it seems to me that none of the API
proposed in the two links above are used by gtk+) ?
If that's pure glib, I withdraw my comments since I only use glib through what
part of it is used by gtk+.
Other users might have different use, of course.

Well, a future version of gtk+ may pull in a dependency on a later
version of glib (which drops XP support)for some unrelated feature. This
would then make it hard to use that version of Gtk+ on XP.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's an all-American Jewish barbarian who dotes on his loving old ma.
She's a virginal hypochondriac socialite descended from a line of
powerful witches. They fight crime!