Re: Heads-up: Potentially breaking changes to the GDK drawing model pushed

Le 24/06/2014 02:03, Jasper St. Pierre a écrit :
I can't reproduce any issue in scrolling with evince locally -- does it
only happen with certain documents? Can you point to a document where
you have problems?

I doubt it's document-related, as it "worked" with the first three PDFs
I tried with.  Anyway, I can reproduce with e.g.
http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1570.pdf   Note however
that you have to scroll *aggressively*, meaning I'm was assaulting my
mouse wheel for several seconds, or take the scrollbar grip and shake it
quick.  Also it's less directly visible with Evince itself which seems
to have a very cheap scroll draw (yet you probably notice something),
but other apps gets slow-slow (for example gedit's gear menu takes like
5s to open).

I also just tried to enable Metacity's compositing as I was using it
without, and I can reproduce with and without compositing.

I also just built Scintilla and SCiTE from source, but they both appear
to be using GTK+ 2, not GTK+ 3. Are you using some unofficial fork or
port, or did I do something wrong when building Scintilla/SCiTE?

you need to set the GTK3 make variable to 1:

        $ cd gtk
        $ make GTK3=1

Regards,
Colomban