Re: Heads-up: Potentially breaking changes to the GDK drawing model pushed

Le 24/06/2014 00:02, Jasper St. Pierre a écrit :
Hey everyone again

[...]

I've effectively pushed a revert of these changes:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=984e811c16891cb4945a090bea8ec9e81ce3dba6
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=24b9e91f470d2f355c6e19013f302295151baacf

[...]

If your application still has flickering or prints runtime warnings or
crashes, *please* let me know. We should be back to where we were
beforehand, but things do sometimes slip through the cracks.

Sorry, but apparently 984e811c16891cb4945a090bea8ec9e81ce3dba6 (result
of a bisect) breaks badly in some situation.  With it, if I scroll
aggressively in some apps (at least Evince and SciTE) I can get the X
server to start consuming extreme CPU (even after the scroll ended).

Not only the application gets extremely slugish, but other apps too,
e.g. scrolling a terminal is equally slow and consumes resources, as
well as drawing other apps.

However, as soon as I close the initial app, everything comes back to
normal.

I don't know really how to debug this, but tell me if I can do anything.

Regards,
Colomban