Re: Should We Start Dropping Windows XP Support?

Hi,

On Di, 2014-12-30 at 09:45 +0000, John Emmas wrote:
I work on an audio product called Mixbus which uses gtk+ (albeit gtk2,
rather than gtk3):-

http://harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html

I've been arguing for a year or more that we should phase out XP support
- but the more senior devs don't agree.  Why?  Because a surprising
number of our Windows users are still running XP (probably more than a
third).  XP is still far more common than you might think.

As much as I'd also like to get rid of XP support, I can confirm the
above. We have many GStreamer users that still use Windows XP for one
reason or another... while at the same time all Windows users with a
newer version would benefit a lot from the usage of newer API,
especially around networking.