Glib cross complilation

I need to compile GLib 2.40 for the windows platform on my ubuntu 14.04 so I use the following command: ./configure --host=i586-mingw32 but this fails with the following errors:
checking for i586-mingw32-windres... no
checking for windres... no
configure: error: * Could not find an implementation of windres in your PATH
I wan to know if I can bypass windres because I notice that it is not included in the /usr/i586-mingw32msvc/bin folder or if it is possible to download it
Thank for your help.