Re: Regarding theWin32/Visual C++ project completion items

On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 17:10 +0800, fanc999 yahoo com tw wrote:

-The Python scripts will read from the various Makefile.am's using
Python regex functionality,

My main concern here is about what kinds of additional restrictions this
might add to the Makefile.am files we are using.  For example, would
this script support nested conditionals like:

if BUILDOPT_FOO
if BUILDOPT_BAR
blah_SOURCES += foo-and-bar.c
endif
endif

etc.  Basically there will be an ongoing cost of having two independent
programs parsing the same Makefile.am files - we'll have to identify a
subset that works for both.

-Whether this is a viable approach-i.e. whether Python 2/3 is readily
available on the Linux systems which people use to generate dist
tarballs

Yes, I think that's fine.