Re: Storage API

On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 11:29 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2013-05-01 at 16:31 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
Heya,

I've started writing a simple database-like application in Javascript
using GTK+, and I wondered about what to use for storage.

gjs currently doesn't have bindings for SQLite, and using intermediate
bindings like libgda I found too low-level (provider-specific SQL,

libgda's GdaSqlBuilder makes this a bit more pleasant and safer,
avoiding most provider-specific stuff. Of course, it doesn't hide SQL
entirely.

It's nicer, but still SQL.

Migration between versions of schemas is pretty complicated, you still
need to create the schemas, and though not directly related to SQL, you
still need to put a lot of effort marshalling objects in the DB to and
from your own object type.