Re: Stock Items Deprecation

On 25/07/13 11:08, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Hi Emmanuele

On 25 July 2013 10:37, phil <phil philandanna no-ip org> wrote:
One other thing, I'm wondering why the migration guide and rationale are on
goggle docs which tracks who is viewing what and which links they click on
in the documents. It seems a bit incongruous as GNOME is currently fund
raising for privacy enhancements and has it's own wiki.

pretty sure Jon used google docs because it was convenient for him; no
need to ascribe ulterior motives to him, gtk developers, or GNOME as a
whole.

I wasn't trying to ascribe ulterior motives I'm sorry if it came across that way. I just wanted to highlight the contradiction in the hope that in future people would consider using solutions more in line with GNOME's goals and values (where they exist). It's sad that there is not a convenient alternative that preserves people's privacy and software freedom :-(

the documentation is in the process of being moved inside the GTK+ API
reference.

That's great, leaving aside privacy and freedom. it's good to have a permanent record of these things.

as a side note: wikis are not great for collaborative editing, and
setting up the ACLs are pretty awful. we do have etherpad on
gnome.org, but I'd have to check the ACLs there as well.

I didn't realise it was such a pain to use the wiki when you want to restrict who can edit the page.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I'm a fan of what GNOME stands for so would definitely not want to do that.

Best Wishes

Phil