Re: Proposed fixes to gspawn-win32-helper.c for newer Microsoft CRTs

On 20/02/2013 06:50, Fan Chun-wei wrote:
Hi John,

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit off-topic, but can you check your Visual Studio 2005 build (if I recalled correctly, that's the version of Visual Studio you are using) of gspawn-win32-helper.exe/gspawn-win32-helper-console.exe whether programs using them are able to complete successfully without being terminated/aborted by Windows. One good example to check here is using the glib-compile-resources utility program in gio/, the other ones would be the spawn-singlethread* and spawn-multithreaded* in $(srcroot)/glib/tests.

Hi Fan,

I'm not yet at the stage of building the test utilities. I should get around to that in a week or two but just to be clear... are you saying that the spawn-singlethread and spawn-mutithreaded tests seem to fail on Windows?

Also, what does the glib-compile-resources utility do?

John