Re: GTK+3 win32/64 build environment

Hi

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM, <tarnyko tarnyko net> wrote:
There are tons of build systems, but for targetting native windows build
[1], I would really suggest looking at cerbero

I prefer keep using vanilla MinGW, either on Windows or under Linux. Using a very particular and complex buildenv, possibly tied to lots of prerequisites, won't help in a long time. Plus it would mean maintenance for GNOME folks, too.

Their build requirements is similar to yours or anyone: http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero. We are building the same set of packages after all. Building only gtk+ is really not enough in many cases. It's not going to fly if each project distribute its own set of binaries.

Maintenance of a shared and proven project can be easier than a new standalone one. Many people who have experience with distro and windows build contributed to it. Also I think cerbero isn't that complicated, it looks quite elegant and powerful for what it does.

--
Marc-André Lureau