Re: GTK+3 win32/64 build environment

On 2013-04-10 10:41, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
I believe some work is needed to be able to reuse cross-compiled
projects under Windows. For example, the .pc file path will need to be
adjusted etc.

I you mean the paths stated inside .pc files, then pkg-config on
windows should be able to automatically deduce the correct value for
${prefix} based on the location where said package is installed [1]
and ignore whatever is stated as ${prefix} inside the .pc file.
No adjustments should be needed.

This was made so by tml way back, when he used to "./configure"
and "make install" each package into a separate prefix, stringing
things together (both for build and runtime usage) as needed
using PATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH, ACLOCAL_FLAGS and other env vars.
Quite elegant, one can test (build and/or use) different versions
of packages fast, without having to go and build a complete
"bundled" distribution for each test (unless there's ABI breaks off course).

Afaik, no other (meta) build system I've seen up until now is capable
of doing that. Didn't know about Cerbero though, added that to my
already long list of things to look into.

I you mean something else, then please ignore me :)

mvg,
Dieter

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pkg-config/tree/parse.c?id=7328e6fc9ec4191105cd4433320ea585d8f95d97#n970