Re: Composite GtkBuilder template

On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 23:50 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
I guess it's time for me to drop this for the day, I just dont
know if I can afford to spend time on it tomorrow, looks like
I'll be spending some long nights after hours on this...

Here is a patch that seems to work ok.

Mathias,
   Thanks a lot for taking time to and writing code towards
addressing the i18n issues without intltool.

I've taken the following actions on the branch:

  o Removed the initial INTLTOOL commit so it's not in the history

  o Edited all the commits which port widgets to use templates,
    to NOT modify POTFILES.in at all (so the base work compiles
    but is not translatable).

  o Applied your patch, with some modifications, at the HEAD of the
    branch, with the additions of all the .ui.h entries in POTFILES.in

    (the modifications I made was just to ensure that the .ui.h files
    actually get generated, by adding them as a dependency to the
    gtkresources.c build).

This way, the branch compiles at any given commit in the history, and
the last patch addresses the i18n issues.

I've also tested it, by adding some random translatable text into a .ui
file, building, running "make -C po/ update-po" and grepping for my new
translatable text.

This is working well.

Are we about ready to move forward with this ?

Cheers,
    -Tristan