Re: Glib question: Is PCRE in some intermediate state?

Hi John,

Unfortunately the Visual C++ 2005 files aren't maintained anymore (hence they are not distributed with the newer GLib releases), since I am not able to test them as I do not have Visual C++ 2005.

The Visual C++ 2008/2010 projects do support the bundled PCRE sources and are kept up-to-date as far as possible-so if you run them, they would work fine.

Another alternative, though possibly not highly recommended, is to build the latest version of PCRE with CMake+Visual C++ 2005, remove the PCRE sources from the GLib project, and make GLib link to your PCRE build. Beware that during linking stage you will most probably see the linker complain as new source files for various libraries are added for GLib, GObject and (especially) GIO, and you will also need to add libFFI (for GObject) and zlib (for GIO) to the dependent libraries.

With blessings.
Are those modules still needed for building PCRE and if so, is there anywhere where I can obtain the full (current) set of source files?  Or is it just a matter of modifying the VS8 project to remove those particular entries as those modules aren't needed any more?