Re: Glib question: Is PCRE in some intermediate state?

On 29 Nov 2012, at 18:33, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> We cut out pcre source files that are not needed for the gregex
> functionality - it is quite possible that the vs project files haven't
> be adapted after the latest pcre update.

Thanks Matthias, that did turn out to be the problem.  I simply removed the relevant entries from the VC8 project and PCRE now appears to build correctly.  I still haven't managed to build glib though, due to the following anomalies:-

1)  These modules (all from glib) need to be added to the VC8 project (and possibly the other MSVC projects too;  I haven't checked).
          gthread-win32.c
          genviron.c
          gbytes.c
          ggettext.c
          gquark.c
          gcharset.c
          gwakeup.c
          glib-init.c

2)  Not a problem but just an observation...  why is glib now dependent on 'libpthread' when it has its own 'gthread' library available?  Seems a bit strange.

3)  In the Windows build, function g_get_monotonic_time() makes a call to the Windows function 'timeGetTime()'.  AFAICT this is only available from mmtimer.lib which, in turn, is only built for ARM processors (not x86 processors).  At least, that seems to be true for VC8.  It's quite possible that this changed for VC 9 or 10 but it doesn't seem so, according to MSDN.  It looks as if mmtimer.lib is still only available for PocketPC and Smartphones.  Any ideas?

John