Re: gdk threads ...

hi;

On 5 March 2012 13:07, Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca> wrote:
> The removal will come in GTK4.  There will be no replacement
> functionality -- you will just be expected to do all your interaction
> with the toolkit from the main thread (ie: dispatching results via
> idles).

AFAIR, the java-gnome bindings used the GDK threading markers to
replace the mutex used internally by GDK with a recursive one, that
suited the java programming model.

also, Libre/OpenOffice chained up their Big Fat Lock™ to GDK's one.

I guess we'll have to maintain the gdk_threads_set_lock_functions(),
and internally use gdk_threads_enter()/_leave(), even if the API is
not available in public headers.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--