Re: Bug #679291 (please review)

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:

> the patch in attachment 217892 looks okay - but what I'd like to see:
>
> a) bisecting to see what commit broke this;
> b) a test case for the TreeView test suite, to ensure we don't regress again;
> c) a patch done using git format-patch or git bz, so that we can credit the
> author.

The behaviour change was introduced during the heavy refactoring of
treeview a11y done by Benjamin last winter. We've talked about
'fixing' this (ie suppressing the signal in the destroy path), but
there's a more general question here: do we want to add tons of
special-cases to prevent this kind of noise in destroy paths ? There's
plenty of other places where this could happen.