Re: gdk threads ...
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- Cc: Gtk Hackers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, michael meeks suse com
- Subject: Re: gdk threads ...
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:00:11 +0200
On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 08:07 -0500, Ryan Lortie wrote:
> hi Michael,
> On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 12:11 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > Does that mean you're removing gdk_threads_enter and leave and the
> > semantics around that ? is there some cunning new scheme proposed to
> > intercept the mainloop and ensure that events / idle / timeout emissions
> > hooked in by the toolkit can have applications add lock/unlock pairs ?
> We're not removing -- only deprecating.
The deprecation does not seem to have happened in GTK+ 3.4:
Is it still planned?
> The removal will come in GTK4. There will be no replacement
> functionality -- you will just be expected to do all your interaction
> with the toolkit from the main thread (ie: dispatching results via
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev