Re: _wstat on Windows (actually stat stuff in general)

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 12:44 +0300, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:05, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
> > if GIO is measurably slower at doing I/O than a stat(), please: file
> > bugs along with profiling data.
>
> GIO as layer is so comparable to stat() as apples comparable to
> grapes, and we both know it :-)
>
> But, unfortunatelly, all GMainLoop based stuffs (including GIO) are
> indeed slow when we come to high workload if compared to kqueue based
> (and I think epoll-based also) main loop implementations.
>
> Therefore, either you use GIO, and limited to the current GMainLoop
> speeds, or use something kqueue-based and have no way to GIO.

The closest GIO function is g_file_query_info, and it doesn't use
GMainLoop at all, as far as I can tell. Async functions use GMainLoop,
but given that stat() is not async, there is no point in comparing the
performance of stat() to async GIO functions.

Jürg