Re: Fwd: Plans for GTK+ Bundles for win32 and win64?

> It takes a "build description" file like:
> https://github.com/dieterv/pygtk-installer/blob/master/wix/2.24.0.win32.xml
> downloads required files, extracts them, applies transformations if
> requested,
> repacks, etc until finally a .msi is produced.
>
> It is currently capable of packaging zips from ftp.gnome.org and also
> Python
> distutils generated .msi files (for PyCairo, PyGTK, PyGObject, etc).
> Cleaning this up and making it more generic and easier to use is
> something
> I've been wanting to do for a long time now...

Cool!

note: these are my uninformed ideas, I have not actually seen the
implementation for the methods you describe...

I think JHBuild is *almost* able to do this itself. If the binary/zip
module type patch was applied to JHbuild then I think this would not be
too much work to complete.

AIUI JHbuild now tracks installed files and can create a manifest. This
manifest + JHbuild supporting binary/zip module types would give you all
the meta information to write msi/wix/nsi installers.

John