Re: GTK and OSX: a call to sanity

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 05:28:21PM -0700, John Ralls wrote:
> The rest of Gtk-OSX isn't Gtk. It's a build system using jhbuild with
> its own modulesets, a python script for making application bundles,
> and a few other bits and pieces, including gtk-quartz-engine, a Cocoa
> HIT theme engine which I haven't touched since Richard Hult left it to
> me except to ensure that the github and git.gnome.org repos are the
> same. I don't even know if it works with Gtk3.

The moduleset could just be in jhbuild?

> What's the cost of keeping those bits on Sourceforge vs. Gnome.org?
> ISTM it will cost me a lot of time and effort to move them into
> gnome.org with no real benefit to anyone except Emmanuele who can't
> seem to get an SF account. (Emmanuele, if you really want to sort that
> out, email me directly and I'll see what I can do to help.)

I have a sourceforge account and I don't see any benefit of using /
monitoring anything other than *.gnome.org. Though of course, I am not a
developer nor OS-X user, so it won't matter for you :P

It will take some time to move things over, but at least it shows
interest into OS-X. And as was said, gnome developers use gnome
infrastructure.
Olav