Re: A little help with a Win32 GDK problem please

The only location device_manager is set (that I know of) is in
_gdk_input_init() in gdk/win32/gdkinput.c

1) is _gdk_input_init() called before you hit this problem?
2) Does the g_object_new (GDK_TYPE_DEVICE_MANAGER_WIN32, ...)
call in there return something sensible?
Actually I found the root of the problem (I just haven't figured out how to fix it yet, other than a hack). The problem is I have a Wacom Cintiq so I have the tablet library. When the tablet library is present and it is being initialized, it tries to create a small window to capture events. gdkdevicemanager-win32.c:450. That function (_gdk_input_wintab_init_check) is being called while the main GDK context is being created. It is during that call to create the wintab window that it is getting the NULL, because initialization of GdkDisplay hasn't finished yet.

As a hack I simply set _gdk_input_ignore_wintab = TRUE in gdkglobals-win32.c so I could move forward with other testing. All of these levels of indirection and weird initialization order and stuff makes my head hurt. So I am sure there is a way to fix this, I just haven't had a chance to find it yet because my work day has started and I have to earn my salary :)

Kean