A little help with a Win32 GDK problem please

Just finished getting glib 2.30 and GTK 3.2.0 compiled in my DDK Win32 environment. I am trying to run the GTK tests and they all fail in the same place: gdkevents-win32.c:1773 (or thereabouts). It reads:

device_manager = gdk_display_get_device_manager (_gdk_display);

keyboard_grab = _gdk_display_get_last_device_grab (_gdk_display,
     GDK_DEVICE_MANAGER_WIN32 (device_manager)->core_keyboard);

The problem is that device_manager ends up being NULL after the call to gdk_display_get_device_manager() so when it is referenced below to get core_keyboard it dies (obviously) as it is de-referencing NULL.

I figure someone knows this code a great deal better than I do and would appreciate some help figuring why device_manager is NULL. That function is pretty simple:

GdkDeviceManager *
gdk_display_get_device_manager (GdkDisplay *display)
{
  g_return_val_if_fail (GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display), NULL);

  return display->device_manager;
}

So the obvious root cause is why display->device_manager is NULL. I have already verified that that line is in fact being called (i.e, it is not because g_return_val_if_fail() is returning NULL).

Any help at all greatly appreciated.

Kean