Re: gobject-introspection broken (?) on quartz ?

On Nov 18, 2011, at 1:56 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> yes, this is Tiger. Is there any particular reason why this has not
> been added to the bootstrap process?

I think because not that many people are building on Tiger anymore.  I stumbled across it this Summer and I just ended up installing GNU make from MacPorts to fix the issue.  Snow Leopard ships with 3.81 and thus is not affected.

> and is there a particular reason
> why this breakage has crept in for a particular, less than critical
> component of the stack when the old make has worked just fine for
> years?

The issue is caused by the GObject-introspection makefiles using $(or ...) and $(and ...).  These makefiles are included by projects that support GObject-introspection and generate GIRs at compile-time.  I would guess relying on GNU Make 3.81 is fair since it has been out for a while and obtaining it on Tiger is easy ...

regards,

-kris.