Re: GtkApplication and argc/arv

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Petr Tomasek <tomasek etf cuni cz> wrote:

> Wait... So it won't be possible with gnome-shell/gtk3 applications
> to have two instances of the same program started with two different
> locales?

By default, yes, that is correct.  Application authors can do whatever
they want to support this if they think it's important.  I'm not
really convinced that running a whole different process is a sane
solution for GNumeric to do different decimal separators.  At some
point, you have to start fixing the underlying stack; so libc would
need to gain sprintf_locale ("en_US.UTF-8", "%f", 0.1) etc.