Re: www.gtk.org now updated but no news!

On 02/06/11 13:49, Nicola Fontana wrote:
Il giorno Thu, 02 Jun 2011 13:14:24 +0100
Martyn Russell<martyn lanedo com>  ha scritto:

The current failing version is available here:

    http://www.gtk.org/index-fails.php

I tried copying the set up on my test server (curlybeast.net) for the
php.ini but I can't reproduce this issue. Right now, there are only 2
things it could be based on the php info[1] outputs I've been comparing:

    1. The PHP version is 5.1.6 on gtk.org, curlybeast.net uses 5.2.4.
       (unlikely to be the real reason).

    2. The modules loaded for curlybeast.net includes json, which gtk.org
       doesn't load AFAICS.
       (more likely to be this)

Hi Martyn,

the GTKNewsFeedLoader::load() method uses json_decode() [1] which
requires either PHP 5.2.0 and the json extension enabled [2].

Great, so it's as I suspected (I noticed the json_decode() call there also). Thanks for verifying.

If a PHP update is not possible on the current server, I think a
refactoring using another JSON library will be required. Let me know if
you need some help.

Depending on what Shawn comes back with, we may need to do this. Thank you for the offer.

Martyn