Re: Updated GTK+ 2.24.5 binaries (and bundle)

Hi

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Fan Chun-wei <fanc999 yahoo com tw> wrote:
> I don't know whether this might be helpful with this part and regard, but I
> am posting my point of view here anyways for references...
>
> Currently I am maintaining the Visual C++ build files for the GTK+ stack
> (GLib, ATK, GDK-Pixbuf, Pango, GTK+-2.x/3.x), and these files are kept
> up-to-date as far as possible in the master branch-and there are at least
> Visual C++ 2008 build files for these packages in their latest unstable
> tarball releases (in fact Visual C++ 2010 build files are also in every
> one of these except for Pango and GTK+-2.x, as they are under review for
> Pango and I am seeing whether people are interested for them for GTK+-2.x),
> and even (Visual C++ 2008/2010) in the stable releases of GLib, ATK and
> GTK+-2.x/3.x.  These files will help to enable building the GTK+ stack
> on Windows (for those who will use the Microsoft toolchain) much easier
> and faster on Windows (I think MinGW is a formidable project, but I don't
> think it suits my purposes well, AFAICT).
>
> I would also like to be able to help in getting GOBject-Introspection (GI)
> being buildable/workable for Visual C++, especially as the official Python
> builds are built with Visual C++ 2008.  I might need help though on the
> python scripts as they call GCC directly... but anyways for now
>
> By hacking the pkg-config .pc files and purging C99isms
> from the various code, it is possible for one to build pycairo[1],
> pygobject (sans GI support), pygtk2 and pygtksourceview2 entirely with the
> MSVC 2008 toolchain, for example using distutils.

It's a small step but I just added a page to the wiki:

https://live.gnome.org/Windows/Discussion

Since there's a few of us all doing different things in this area I
think it would be helpful if we at least all kept that up to date with
what we are doing and why, and hopefully it can be the first step to a
bit more collaboration.

Sam