Re: Updated GTK+ 2.24.5 binaries (and bundle)

2011/7/12 Dieter Verfaillie <dieterv optionexplicit be>:
> I have been dreaming of having an msys-python port though (considered by
> most to be even more "exotic" than cross-compiling Python itself, I guess).
> Would make jhbuild, but also other tools written in Python that need to
> run at build-time like gi-scanner, much more reliable. And we'd be able
> to get rid of loads of "subprocessing" workarounds/bugs...

I worked on a cross platform build system for Inkscape. Currently we
use Autotools on Unix-like platforms and a custom build tool on
Windows. because we decided that we cannot depend on MSYS. Here are my
$0.02:

The whole raison d'etre of MSYS is to allow Autotools to work. Once
you get rid of Autotools, you no longer need MSYS. And if you are
serious about portability, you need to get rid of Autotools anyway,
because the last available version of MSYS Perl can no longer run the
recent automake releases. This makes building from a source checkout
(not a tarball) on Windows impossible.

Regards, Krzysztof