Re: rendering-cleanup-next

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> What about the expose_event  / gtk_widget_send_expose_event stuff ? Do
> we want to merge what you have first and figure that out afterwards ?

I want to figure that out afterwards. It's something I haven't figured
out completely yet. I consider it a part of rendering-cleanup part 4:
The hackfest menace.

> And did you want to add some of the checks and warnings in
> gtk_widget_draw_internal that were discussed (eg about not having
> up-to-date allocation) ?

I'm actually not sure about that. First, we don't have any code that
defines if an allocation is valid or even defines what a "valid"
allocation is. Or do we? gtk_widget_get_allocation() at least doesn't
do anything there.
But I guess we can add more warnings to gtk_widget_draw() while we
start using it. (Or better: Fix those problems).

Both of these problems at least belong to the "implementation details
that we might want to change later" stage. I suspect we'll find a few
useful knobs to tune and APIs to add when we port all those
applications to it. So I consider it by no means finished yet. But
it's certainly good enough to build a toolkit with. ;)

Benjamin