Re: threading / timers / etc

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca> wrote:

> We're already planning to inject timestamps received from the X server
> for vblank (generated in the kernel IRQ handlers, I think?) directly
> into GPeriodic.  I can easily imagine other situations where this might
> be useful.

I hope that someone might consider reading this paper and using the
ideas that it explains in any attempt to provide access to multiple
clocks:

     http://www.kokkinizita.net/papers/usingdll.pdf

delay locked loops are a fundamental tool used in systems with
multiple clocks, and they make it possible to always ask the question
"given time T on clock 1, what is the time on clock 2" and get an
extremely accurate answer.

--p