Re: threading / timers / etc

On 10/23/2010 4:46 PM, Ryan Lortie wrote:
I briefly considered having a per-process epoch whereby the first time
you request the monotonic time, that becomes "time zero".  After rolling
it over in my head a few times, I like it less and less.

Just out of curiosity; would you mind trying to specify reasons why you don't like it? Because the only complication I can see with this solution is that the clock is not monotonic across process borders (although it is a bit hard for me right now to invent situation where this would matter).

Thanks,
Pavel