Re: High-resolution scroll events

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> If we break API on this, I think it would be best to do it
> in a way that the compiler catches it. Just adding a field
> to GdkEventScroll will trip up a lot of developers.

Not really. There is (1) no change in the structure size (2) no change
in (current) X11 semantics.

Now, if X11 starts supplying delta information, then there is scope
for a real API break, because rather than receiving N different scroll
events for a large scroll motion, the app would only get one. This
would only affect apps that use scroll events directly, as you noted,
and the fix for their code would be very simple.