Re: Minutes of the GTK+ IRC team meeting - 2010-05-04

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 23:19 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> • GtkStyle sealing (garnacho)
> - garnacho has been working on a GtkStyle replacement
> - CSS and new API
> - gtk_paint_* re-implemented on top of the style context
> - GtkStyle should get sensible data filled from the CSS
> - engines will have to change, but the API has been kept similar
> - still needs changed

Could Carlos give a bit more information about this?

I'm still working on my own theme-engine API replacement, which can now
load XML files (similar to SVG) to draw widgets. I think this is a
better approach than using CSS because CSS is not a language designed
for complex drawing. My approach is essentially a new library
abstracting GtkStyle and providing a cairo based API that many toolkits
could use. I have a compatibility engine so GTK+ 2.0 can take advantage
of my API, and I'd like to work with the changes in GtkStyle so it can
take advantage of an external library to draw widgets.

Regards,

Thomas