Re: XCB + deprecating gtkx.h ?
- From: John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us>
- To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com>
- Subject: Re: XCB + deprecating gtkx.h ?
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:21:44 -0700
On Jun 25, 2010, at 10:05 AM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>> lot of features which make no sense at all outside of X11.
> The problem is that you're comparing things that aren't really
> comparable. Without a number of those, you cannot use "mostly" GTK/GDK
> to implement things like a status icon tray, the GtkPlug widget, or a
> window manager.
> All those aren't needed on other platforms, because they're implemented
> If you have specific griefs against some of the functions being
> exported, best to file a bug, and explain why you think it should be
> removed, and what it would be replaced by in the users of those
> functions, if any.
] [Thread Prev