Re: State of GTK3 (especially the theme api)

2010/2/1 Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy gmail com>:
> Hi,

Hello Clemens

> Does anybody know whats the state of GTK3? Whats the estimated release date?
> I am especially interested in what the theme api looks like?

A gtk-2-90 branch already exist in gnome git [1].
The work was started to remove all deprecated code, patches welcomed
to help in this or other tasks, take a look here: [2]

> All wiki pages I found were quite outdate :-(

Did you see [3] ?

> I ask because about 2 years ago I proposed changes to GTK's theme api
> (bug 515600) allowing non-gtk applications (like FireFox and Java) to
> efficiently use it, and was told I should wait for GTK-3. That was 2
> years ago and it still doesn't look like GTK3 is arround the corner.
> The changes were completly backward-compatible.

I think you may be interested in project monet [4]

> Thank you in advance, Clemens

Best Regards,

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+?h=gtk-2-90
[2] http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/3.0/Tasks