Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2010-12-14

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 22:53 +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> There's one behavioural change, gtk_tree_view_set_cursor() when
> specifying "start_editing = TRUE" will no longer toggle the state
> of an activatable cell (this used to be the case, we thought it
> was an undesirable side effect since the api is more about bringing
> attention to a cell for the user to edit but not implicitly
> modifying the data).

I don't understand. Do you mean that start_editing=TRUE won't start
editing? If so, can't we remove that parameter?

Or, if not, what "state" do you mean? How did this change the data
before?

> Other than that is seals the whole GtkTreeViewColumn structure so
> if people are accessing some members of the column directly they
> will have to find other means to do this (I dont expect there
> to be any valid reason for accessing these members directly though,
> we did expose gtk_tree_view_column_get_button() for the sake
> of libgail and apps that set tooltips on the column headers).

And you've _added_ API, right? So we can now get a GtkCellArea, so we
can do slightly more complex layout of cells within a GtkTreeViewColumn.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com