Re: Building multiple backends on on same system
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- Cc: "gtk-devel-list gnome org" <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Building multiple backends on on same system
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 19:46:38 +0100
On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 12:53 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 12/05/10 17:14, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Then we add a GdkBackend type that each backend implements. This is a
> > singleton created at init to hang global stuff off. Its also useful for
> > backend specific code.
> Would it be possible to allow multiple backends at runtime? Imagine, moving
> your app currently running on your desktop to running on broadway without
> restarting it...
I think it will be kinda hard. It will require passing a GdkBackend to
all global gdk functions, which is a huge API break.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alexander larsson gmail com
He's a bookish sweet-toothed waffle chef trapped in a world he never made.
She's a strong-willed tomboy bodyguard with a knack for trouble. They fight
] [Thread Prev