Re: Building multiple backends on on same system
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: "gtk-devel-list gnome org" <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Building multiple backends on on same system
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:16:14 -0500
On 12/06/10 13:46, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 12:53 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>> On 12/05/10 17:14, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>>> Then we add a GdkBackend type that each backend implements. This is a
>>> singleton created at init to hang global stuff off. Its also useful for
>>> backend specific code.
>> Would it be possible to allow multiple backends at runtime? Imagine, moving
>> your app currently running on your desktop to running on broadway without
>> restarting it...
> I think it will be kinda hard. It will require passing a GdkBackend to
> all global gdk functions, which is a huge API break.
Or have a push/pop gdk_backend...
] [Thread Prev