Re: Gtk-OSX (was: Website proposal for usability)

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 12:35 AM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:

> You might not like the warnings about the quality of Gtk+ Quartz, but when I wrote them a year ago, no one had touched the quartz backend for 8 months. Since then, one developer (Kristian Reitveld) has fixed many of the outstanding bugs, and some of the other Gtk devs have become a lot more receptive to minor patches... but the general attitude remains that it's OK to implement (or rewrite) features in Linux, and if it breaks Win32 and Quartz, oh well. There's a list of features that aren't yet implemented, or aren't implemented completely, at http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/OSX/.

As long as the people working on GTK-OSX do it with a us-vs-them
attitude (like you display here by talking about the GTK developers in
third person), things are not going to change. If you start
considering yourself part of the team and actively engage, things can
and will change.