Re: Website proposal for usability

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Andreas Nilsson <nisses mail home se> wrote:
>  On 08/12/2010 10:50 AM, Martyn Russell wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 14:54 -0700, Devin Samarin wrote:
>>>
>>> I was browsing around gtk.org and I thought that it could use some
>>> adjustments.
>>> So I downloaded the web files with git and made some changes. I attached
>>> some screenshots and example file on Bugzilla (the design changed a
>>> little
>>> since then), but if my computer is up, you can see it at
>>> http://eboyjr.homelinux.org:8080/gtk/ .
>
> Thank you so much for working on this!
> Looks like a great step forward for the website. Maybe you want a different
> font size in the sidebar headers to give it a sense of hierarchy.

Sure it's no problem at all :) It's also good to learn a little about
designing cross-browser website because I usually just told people who
used IE6 to upgrade to a modern browser. :P And as for the headers, I
made them smaller. Thanks for the nit-picking, to me it's the details
that count.

> Could we come up with something more fun and interesting to use as a header
> than "What is GTK+?"
> Something that can grab people and lead them into reading the text.

Okay I tried spicing up the entire section, but I'm sure the wording
is a little awkward in a few places and it's not perfect yet.. Input
is appreciated

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:50 AM, Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com> wrote:
> - Are the pages XHTML validated? The current side is and I would like to
> try and keep it that way. Same goes for the CSS.
All the pages now pass XHTML 1.0 Strict validation, but the CSS is
invalid *only* because of the -moz-*, -webkit-*, and border-radius
properties... I hope that is not a problem