Re: Website proposal for usability

 On 08/12/2010 10:50 AM, Martyn Russell wrote:
On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 14:54 -0700, Devin Samarin wrote:
I was browsing around gtk.org and I thought that it could use some adjustments.
So I downloaded the web files with git and made some changes. I attached
some screenshots and example file on Bugzilla (the design changed a little
since then), but if my computer is up, you can see it at
http://eboyjr.homelinux.org:8080/gtk/ .
Thank you so much for working on this!
Looks like a great step forward for the website. Maybe you want a different font size in the sidebar headers to give it a sense of hierarchy.
So my comments:

1. I don't think the "What is GTK+" on the main page should be a snippet
on the top right corner. I think it should be _the_ main point of the
main page. Most people coming to the page aren't visiting it for news,
they are likely going to download or get more information about GTK+.
The news there I think can be cropped a bit more or kept below.
Could we come up with something more fun and interesting to use as a header than "What is GTK+?"
Something that can grab people and lead them into reading the text.
- Andreas