Re: client side windows borkage on Gdk/Quartz

OK, this problem is now fixed. It was caused by a very unwise assumption in the quartz backend that if an update involved drawing more than 25 individual rects, it was better to simply draw (i.e. expose) the union of all of them. This might work in relatively simply applications, but imagine a full screen window with lots of small (say, 2x2 pixel) areas spread all over the window that are updated at 30-40Hz - the result was to cause a (nearly) full window redraw over and over again.

I'll cook up the real patch just as soon as i can clean up my code from the zillion's of printf's i added during debugging.

--p