Re: client side windows borkage on Gdk/Quartz

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 5:37 AM, Kristian Rietveld <kris gtk org> wrote:

As far as I understand, there's only that top level NSView in GDK
applications now in the case of client side windows, that does not
contain any other NSViews.  So for each NSWindow there will only be a
single NSView for which the drawRect: method will be called.

Looking at the code, I don't see this at all. Every creation of a GdkWindow is accompanied by the creation of a GdkQuartzView which inherits from NSView. This view is added to the parent view. So, I don't think that its the case that the client-side windows work has really propagated into the quartz backend at all. Thus, we have both heirarchies still inplace. I therefore think, from a code reading at least, that this claim:

That is because the NSView will be the content view, so it corresponds
to the toplevel GdkWindow.  Again note that drawRect will only be
called once per NSWindow (since there is only one NSView per
NSWindow).

is false.