Re: client side windows borkage on Gdk/Quartz

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 5:37 AM, Kristian Rietveld <kris gtk org> wrote:

 [ ... lots of good stuff ... ]

Kristian - thanks for filling me in. It was getting late last night so I didn't dig into how much of the client side windows "change" had actually percolated into the quartz backend. I will take what you've said and do a lot more analysis of what is happening and where the delays are. In some ways, its unfortunate that the decision was made that a "child" NSView == a "child" XWindow, and were thus excised - an NSView is a much lighterweight object than an XWindow, and the existing Quartz model was already pretty close to client side windows already (other than the fact that we were still using "native windows" (NSViews) for each GdkWindow).
Anyway, on with the investigation. I have a few ideas on what might be causing problems ....

--p