Re: gthread: how many cores do I have?

> It is traditional term, and it is ambiguous these days. CoreDuo is Intel *processor*.

So what? Intel might call it a "processor" today, a "flux capacitor"
tomorrow. It isn't like they would be known to choose one name for
something and stay with it. Is Intel  going to change the terminology
used in existing APIs like Linux's sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN)? Is
Intel going to rewrite computing literature to stop using the term
"multiprocessor"? Sheesh.

This is the last I will bother to write in this discussion.

--tml