Re: glib uses wrong prefix for base-2 units

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 23:10 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> [1] Of course, the marketing departments of some storage media companies
> arbitrarily decided it could have different meanings in the *same*
> context too.

I believe those storage companies have been sued and have either settled
or lost. I would then say mostly in the legal system, KB = 1024. If we
muddy the waters by encouraging 1000=KB, we will see more vendor
foolishness, and less legal support for when people are lied to by a
vendor.