Re: glib uses wrong prefix for base-2 units

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 16:07:37 -0700
"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 cornell edu> wrote:

> > * It would avoid ambiguity and consumer confusion:
> >
> Arguably, using KiB etc. in the user interface could confuse the user
> just as much.

I make the same argument here as I made last time:

  I'd rather the idiots presume I can't spell, then the experts presume I
  can't count.

In other words, pandering to the uninformed is no way to educate them and
fix the situation. Yes; we messed up 30 years ago and said "k" when we
meant "Ki". Oops. Sorry about that.

Lets not do it wrong for another 30, please?

Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd leonerd org uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460