Re: [Usability] Gtk+ Font Dialog improvements

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 10:57 +0100, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> b) Most times, the user won't know which particular value does he want
> for the size. This is most times a guess work, this guessing implies
> clicking on every number, and eventually scrolling up or down until
> getting to the point the user is happy about it. This is VERY annoying
> too!*

> Removing the size list. It is not useful as it is and wastes loads
> of space. The numbers themselves are not that meaningful at a fist
> glance. Most times you just want to check more or less what's the
> right size. A combination of slider+spinbox would do a better job
> usability wise.

I had exactly the same idea, I attached what I hacked together earlier.
Its far from perfect but you get the idea.

This is a radical change and I'm not sure about it but it feels good.
hint: You should resize the preview window before trying to change the
font as the resizing is not as good as Henrique's original.

What do you think?
--
Florian Ludwig <dino phidev org>