Gtk+ Font Dialog improvements

There was discussion on this some time ago, and the discussion got lost. I'm trying to raise interest
on this issue again.

I did a mockup for a new gtk+ font chooser, as I find the current one lacking from usability aspects,
and wanted to gather some feedback. If there's any interest, please read the rationale at my blog:

http://hcalves.tumblr.com/post/144502395/one-thing-i-dislike-on-gtk-its-the-current-font

The mockup is functional and implemented in Python + Glade. It's available at my Launchpad:

https://code.launchpad.net/~hcarvalhoalves/+junk/gtkfontdialog

I would appreciate feedback from user and developer viewpoints, and further discussion for
improving the dialog.