Re: the 2.18 endgame

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Matthias
Clasen<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
[...]
> GTK+ 2.18:
>  - SexyUrlLabel functionality has been integrated
>  - GtkInfoBar has been added
>  - CSW branch has been merged
>  - Extended geometry management did not land. I've spent a few days on
> updating and reviewing those patches, but did not hear back from tbf
>  - Flippable widgets are still abstract. There was no progress on
> resolving the defaults issues

Is that the issue with advertising proper defaults of properties;
usually from subclasses ?

Would you consider a patch to gobject that adds an _override_default() api
to every pspec type and calls it in a few places (notably GtkVBox ofcourse) ?
... and would it be realistic to think we could land that this summer ?

Im a little unsure of how much work needs to be done, do we have already
an elegant idea about how we can share name/nick/blurb strings in derived
instances of param specs ? (i.e. so we can make a lightweight copy of the
pspec metadata only for subclasses ?), asides from this detail, seems its just
a bunch of mindless typing that needs to be done...

Cheers,
            -Tristan