Re: g_malloc overhead
- From: Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>
- To: Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, Maciej Piechotka <uzytkownik2 gmail com>
- Subject: Re: g_malloc overhead
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:45:41 +0100
On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 16:37 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > What is wrong with:
> > gchar* g_utf8_strncpy (gchar *dest,const gchar *src,gsize n);
> It isn't needed. The nice thing about UTF-8 is that strings in UTF-8
> can be handled with normal C str* functions just fine.
I think strncpy() is one of the few that needs an utf8 equivalent,
because a char may span several bytes.
] [Thread Prev